A Year of Makeup – Day 089
Hey y’all! Welcome back to my next day of my A Year of Makeup challenge!! Feel free to check out my look and let me know what you think!
Products used in order:
- First, I start by prepping my lips with Fresh – Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 (Petal).
- Starting with the Emité Make Up – Millesis® Active Eye Light (Shade 101), I blend a small dot of product under each eye with my ring fingertip.
- Apply a small dot of Urban Decay – Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Anti-Aging) to each eyelid and let dry before applying product.
- Using the Urban Decay – Eyeshadow (Walk of Shame), I use a loose, fluffy eyeshadow brush to blend from lashes to brows to set my eyeshadow primer.
- With the Urban Decay – Baked Bronzer (Toasted), I use a fluffy, tapered eyeshadow brush to blend as the transition color in area right above crease on my eyes.
- With the Urban Decay – Eyeshadow Palette (The Feminine Palette):
- Stray Dog: Apply on outer corner of the lid by initially pressing color close to lashline and blending up into the crease and out, to create a ‘V’ shape
- SWF: Apply to the inner corner of the lid by starting with pressing product by the lashline and blending up towards the crease, but not into it
- Midnight Cowboy: Apply to mid-lid by first pressing close to lashline, and then blending up and towards the inner and outer lid colors, but not blending over them and overpowering them
- Ecstacy: Using a thin brush, apply tight to lower lash line and softly blend to diminish a hard line
- Darkhorse: Using a thin brush, apply tightly to upper lash line to create a denser look to lashes
- Apply about a dime-sized amount of Urban Decay – Naked Skin Beauty Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 20 with fingers so the warmth from your hands helps blend the product better and since it doesn’t provide full coverage, streaks aren’t a huge concern.
- Using about a pump and a half of Urban Decay – Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup (3.5), I apply it first with my fingers around my face and down my neck and then follow up with my beautyblender sponge to blend out any streaks and to create an even finish.
- Using the Benefit Cosmetics – Brow Zings Shaping Kit (Dark), I use short, light strokes to fill in and shape my brows.
- Finishing my brows with Pixi Beauty – Brow Tamer (Translucent).
- With a loose, fluffy face powder brush apply Laura Mercier – Loose Setting Powder (Translucent) all over the face to set product
- Using the Too Faced – Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa (Chocolate):
- Nose: using the same fluffy eye shadow brush to set under eyes, I use this to lightly contour the sides of my nose
- Cheeks: using an angled contour/blush brush, I blend this below my cheekbones to create added depth
- Forehead hairline: Using the same brush as for my cheek contour, I blend this on my upper forehead and into my hairline to give the appearance of a smaller forehead
- Temples: Using the same brush as I did for my cheek contour, I blend this in my temples towards my hairline to give the appearance of a thinner face
- Following with the Josie Maran – Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Veil:
- V: (cheeks and over outer brow): Using a different angled blush brush, I blend this above my cheekbones and above my eyebrow
- Nose: using MUD’s 330 brush, I apply this to enhance the contour of my nose for a thinner look
- Cupid’s bow: using MUD’s 330 brush, I lightly blend this to create a fuller-looking upper lip
- Inner eye groove: Using MUD’s 330 brush, I apply here to create eyes that look more awake and eye-catching
- Using the Tarte – Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Paaarty):
- Using a fluffy blush brush, I apply this along my cheekbones to bring life back into my cheeks
- Just a few coats of my current mascara to follow: Lancôme – Monsieur Big Mascara (Black)
- For my lips, I use Bite Beauty – High Pigment Pencil (Rhubarb).
- I finish my look by dusting Urban Decay – Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder for Face and Body (Luminous) on my clavicle & shoulders.
And here’s the final look:
Thanks for checking out my post! I’d love to hear about your experience with any of these products in the comments! ♥