A Year of Makeup – Day 071
Hey y’all! Welcome back to my next day of my A Year of Makeup challenge!! Feel free to check out my look and let me know what you think!
Products used in order:
- Starting with the Emité Make Up – Millesis® Active Eye Light (Shade 101), I blend a small dot of product under each eye with my ring fingertip.
- Apply a small dot of Too Faced – Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer to each eyelid and let dry before applying product
- With the Too Faced – Eye Shadow Collection (Chocolate Bar):
- White Chocolate: With a loose, fluffy eyeshadow brush, I apply this as the eyeshadow primer set
- Salted Caramel: Using a fluffy, tapered eyeshadow brush, blend as transition color in area right above crease
- Semi-Sweet: Apply on outer corner of the lid by initially pressing color close to lashline and blending up into the crease and out, to create a ‘V’ shape
- Creme Brulee: Apply to the inner corner of the lid by starting with pressing product by the lashline and blending up towards the crease, but not into it
- Hazelnut: Using a small, tapered eyeshadow brush, I blend this on the outer corner of my eyelids, not blending throughout the crease
- Haute Chocolate: Apply to mid-lid by first pressing close to lashline, and then blending up and towards the inner and outer lid colors, but not blending over them and overpowering them
- Champagne Truffle: softly blend to highlight brow bone
- Apply about a dime-sized amount of DermaDoctor – 15-Benefits-in-1 Dermatologically Defining BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 with fingers so the warmth from your hands helps blend the product better and since it doesn’t provide full coverage, streaks aren’t a huge concern.
- Using about a pump and a half combined of bareMinerals – bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 (Bare Cream – 05) & bareMinerals – bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 (Bare Satin – 06), I apply it first with my fingers around my face and down my neck and then follow up with my beautyblender sponge to blend out any streaks and to create an even finish.
- With a loose, fluffy face powder brush apply Laura Mercier – Loose Setting Powder (Translucent) all over the face to set product
- Using the Too Faced – Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa (Chocolate):
- Nose: using the same fluffy eye shadow brush to set under eyes, I use this to lightly contour the sides of my nose
- Cheeks: using an angled contour/blush brush, I blend this below my cheekbones to create added depth
- Forehead hairline: Using the same brush as for my cheek contour, I blend this on my upper forehead and into my hairline to give the appearance of a smaller forehead
- Temples: Using the same brush as I did for my cheek contour, I blend this in my temples towards my hairline to give the appearance of a thinner face
- Following with the Too Faced – Softly Illuminating Translucent Powder (Candlelight):
- V: (cheeks and over outer brow): Using a different angled blush brush, I blend this above my cheekbones and above my eyebrow
- Nose: using MUD’s 330 brush, I apply this to enhance the contour of my nose for a thinner look
- Cupid’s bow: using MUD’s 330 brush, I lightly blend this to create a fuller-looking upper lip
- Inner eye groove: Using MUD’s 330 brush, I apply here to create eyes that look more awake and eye-catching
- Using Benefit Cosmetics – Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel (3), I use short, light strokes to fill in and shape my brows.
- Just a few coats of my current mascara to follow: Lancôme – Monsieur Big Mascara (Black)
- For my lips, I used Too Faced – Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick (Sell Out).
And here’s the final look:
Thanks for checking out my post! I’d love to hear about your experience with any of these products in the comments! ♥