A Year of Makeup – Day 040
Hey y’all! Welcome back to my next day of my A Year of Makeup challenge!! Feel free to check out my look and let me know what you think!
Products used in order:
- Starting with the Emité Make Up – Millesis® Active Eye Light (Shade 101), I blend a small dot of product under each eye with my ring fingertip.
- Apply a small dot of Too Faced – Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer to each eyelid and let dry before applying product
- Using the Stila – Eye Shadow Palette (In the Light):
- Bliss: Blend as the transition color in the area right above the crease, descending pigment towards the inner eyelid
- Gilded Gold: Apply on outer corner of the lid by initially pressing color close to lashline and blending up into the crease and out, to create a ‘V’ shape
- Bubbly: Apply to the inner corner of the lid by starting with pressing product by the lashline and blending up towards the crease, but not into it
- Sunset: Apply to mid-lid by first pressing close to lashline, and then blending up and towards the inner and outer lid colors, but not blending over them and overpowering them
- Sandstone: Using a thin brush, apply tight to upper and lower lash line.
- Bare: softly blend to highlight brow bone
- Apply about a dime-sized amount of Laura Mercier – Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 – Oil Free (Porcelain) with fingers so the warmth from your hands helps blend the product better and since it doesn’t provide heavy coverage, streaks aren’t a huge concern.
- With a loose, fluffy face powder brush apply Clinique – Blended Face Powder and Brush (03 – Transparency 3) all over the face to set product.
- Using the Benefit Cosmetics – Cheek Parade (“Beauty and the Beat” Blush Kit):
- Nose: using the same fluffy eye shadow brush to set under eyes, I use this to lightly contour the sides of my nose
- Cheeks: using an angled contour/blush brush, I blend this below my cheekbones to create added depth
- Forehead hairline: Using the same brush as for my cheek contour, I blend this on my upper forehead and into my hairline to give the appearance of a smaller forehead
- V (cheeks and over outer brow): Using a different angled blush brush, I blend this above my cheekbones and above my eyebrow
- Using a fluffy blush brush, I apply this along my cheekbones to bring life back into my cheeks
- Using Benefit Cosmetics – Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel (3), I use short, light strokes to fill in and shape my brows
- Just a few coats of my current mascara to follow: Doucce – Maxlash Volumizer Mascara (103 – Black)
- For my lips, I used Hourglass – Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss (Child).
And here’s the final look:
Thanks for checking out my post! I’d love to hear about your experience with any of these products in the comments! ♥