A Year of Makeup – Day 025
Hey y’all! Welcome back to my next day of my A Year of Makeup challenge!! Using the Tropics eyeshadow palette from Sephora, I felt inspired to add a bit of vibrancy to my makeup for today’s look and wrapped it together with a bold lip. Feel free to check out my look and let me know what you think!
Products used in order:
- Apply a small dot of Urban Decay – Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original) to each eyelid and let dry before applying product
- Starting with the Urban Decay – Baked Bronzer (Toasted) I use a fluffy, tapered eyeshadow brush to apply this as my transition color right above my crease on my eyelid.
- Using the Sephora Collection – Moonshadow Baked Palette (In the Tropics):
- Belize: Apply on outer corner of the lid by initially pressing color close to lashline and blending up into the crease and out, to create a ‘V’ shape, descending color toward the inner eyelid
- Barbados: Apply to the inner corner of the lid by starting with pressing product by the lashline and blending up towards the crease, but not into it
- Seychelles: Apply to mid-lid by first pressing close to lashline, and then blending up and towards the inner and outer lid colors, but not blending over them and overpowering them
- Peru: Using a thin brush, apply tight to lower lash line and softly blend to diminish a hard line and line upper lash line tightly without smudging it.
- St. Vincent: softly blend to highlight brow bone
- Apply about a dime-sized amount of Benefit Cosmetics – The POREfessional Face Primer (Original) with fingers so the warmth from your hands helps blend the product better.
- Using about a pump and a half of Marc Jacobs Beauty – Genius Gel Super-Charged Oil-Free Foundation (26 – Bisque Medium) I apply it first with my fingers around my face and down my neck and then follow up with my beautyblender sponge to blend out any streaks and to create an even finish.
- With a loose, fluffy face powder brush apply Laura Mercier – Loose Setting Powder (Translucent) all over the face to set product
- Follow with the Too Faced – Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa (Chocolate):
- Nose: using the same fluffy eye shadow brush to set under eyes, I use this to lightly contour the sides of my nose
- Cheeks: using an angled contour/blush brush, I blend this below my cheekbones to create added depth
- Then with the Emité Make Up – Artist Colour Powder Blush (108):
- Using a fluffy blush brush, I apply this along my cheekbones to bring life back into my cheeks
- Using the Anastasia Beverly Hills – Glow Kit (Moon Child) in Blue Moon:
- V (cheeks and over outer brow): Using a different angled blush brush, I blend this above my cheekbones and above my eyebrow
- Nose: using MUD’s 330 brush, I apply this to enhance the contour of my nose for a thinner look
- Cupid’s bow: using MUD’s 330 brush, I lightly blend this to create a fuller-looking upper lip
- Inner Eye Groove: Using MUD’s 330 brush, I apply here to create eyes that look more awake and eye-catching
- Using Anastasia Beverly Hills – Brow Pro Palette in Dark Brown, I use short, light strokes to fill in and shape my brows.
- Just a few coats of my current mascara to follow: Doucce – Maxlash Volumizer Mascara (103 – Black)
- For my lips, I used the Urban Decay – Revolution High-Color Lipgloss (Scandal).
And here’s the final look:
Thanks for checking out my post! I’d love to hear about your experience with any of these products in the comments! ♥